In accordance with provisions of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 140 and Town of Holbrook General By-Laws, Section 12, all dogs shall be licensed.
- Licensing period is from April 1st through June 30th. The fee is $10.00 per dog. Said dog is numbered and registered. Yearly license period is April 1st to March 31st of the following year.
- To grant a dog license the owner/keeper shall provide the Town Clerk’s Office with either a current rabies certificate or a letter from a veterinarian stating dog has been certified exempt from such provisions as outlined in MGL Chapter 140, Sec. 137 or 137A.
- Town by-law imposes a $25.00 late fee on licenses issued after June 30th.
- To license your dog by mail the fee is $11.00 per dog and a copy of your current rabies information must be included for each dog to be licensed.
- Leash Law – 24 hours. No owner or keeper of any dog shall permit such dog to run at large at any time.
It shall be the duty of each owner, keeper or person who controls a dog to remove and dispose of any feces left by his/her dog on any sidewalk, street, park, public are or any private property of another.